recent repair and restoration of my Accutron 214 N0 and Accutron 218 N2 by a member repairman

Submitted by james shaner on December 16, 2023 - 6:57am

I recently acquired an Accutron 214 (N0) and an Accutron 218 (N2).  I have never owned one.  They did not work even with new batteries.  I found a member of yours, John V. of Time & Again of Apopka FL online.  I took a chance and sent my watches to him for restoration.  The entire experience with him was pleasant!  He was very professional and thorough, has much expertise, communicative, obviously dedicated.   He itemized everything he did, explained his considerable work in detail, even sent me photos of his progress.  His price to fix both watches was very reasonable too!  He was delightful.

You know, when we reach out to someone you don't know for professional help in anything,  one is apprehensive naturally.  I was fortunate to have found him.  Being brand new, I don't know how this works, but I'm hoping it is OK to extoll virtues of others, and to give out his name, which is John Vizzusi of TIME & AGAIN watch restoration in Apopka FL.  That is all I wanted to say at this time.  JS

james shaner
Posted December 16, 2023 - 7:00am

I just left the above comment. 

Thanks.

mybulova_admin
Posted December 16, 2023 - 5:36pm

Thanks James. Feedback is a good thing, as it will help others make an informed decision when sending a watch to a complete stranger for service or repair.

The skill and knowledge of repairing these Accutrons is a dying art, so I for one am very happy to see the service that John provides. 

Thanks for taking to time to share your experience. 

JEV1A
Posted December 16, 2023 - 9:09pm

And a real pleasure to service and restore both Accutrons! 

Thank you for your comments very much

John V.

Time & Again