Having your vintage Bulova watch identified by a panel of experts is easy. Just follow these steps.
NOTE: Complete watches only that date prior to 1980.
Step 1 - Create a myBulova.com member account
- If you already have an approved account, skip to step 2.
- Sign up to become a member of myBulova.com (note do not use a @hotmail.com address)
- Wait for your registration to be approved.
- Once approved, sign into myBulova.com and complete the following steps.
Step 2 - Gather information about your watch
- Write down all the details inscribed on the back of your watch.
- Take a few close up and clear photos of your watch, including the:
- front of the watch
- back of the watch
- inside movement (if you can open the watch)
- inside back case (if you can open the watch)
- additional photos
- If you can open your watch case, note the following details:
- the movement model (eg 11AF)
- the movement jewel count (eg 17 Jewels)
- the movement date code/symbol (eg L1, M6, N9)
- any details inscribed on the inside back case
Step 3 - Prepare your photos.
- Resize your photos using https://imresizer.com/ or a similar application.
- Drag and drop your photo into the space provided.
- Set DPI to 72
- Set Resize unit to px
- Set photo resolution width to 800 (keep aspect ratio).
- Rename your photos to include the current date.
Step 4 - Add your watch
- Using the information you gathered above, check that your watch was made prior to 1980. If so continue with the next steps.
If your watch was made post 1979, please do not continue.
- Press the 'ADD YOUR WATCH' button below (shown once registered).
- Fill out the online form, using the information you gathered in Step 1 and photos you prepared in Step 2.
- If you do not have the information required simply leave blank or enter a dash ( - )
What happens next?
The myBulova panel members will each evaluate and post comments as to the model identification of your watch and then make a recommendation to the site administrator who will then identify and list your watch for public viewing.
During this process, panel members may ask you questions relating to your watch to help them correctly identify the model name and year of manufacture, so please review your watch entry regularly.
Watches added with little detail or poor quality photos will be removed. If you have any problems adding your watch please contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Please do not ask for appraisals or evaluations on your watch.
Selling your watch on myBulova.com
If you wish to have your watch listed in the "For Sale" section, please complete the following:
- Enable 'Person contact form' under HOME > MY ACCOUNT > EDIT to allow members to contact you.
- When adding your watch check the 'For Sale' checkbox and select the 'Add sale details' button, followed by entering a sale price and description.
- Your watch will be listed on the 'Watches For Sale' page once it has been reviewed by the myBulova.com panel.
- Please consider donating a portion of the sale of your watch to help support myBulova.com
IMPORTANT: All communications relating to the sale are to be kept private between both parties and handled external to myBulova.com