Bulova1962 Mens Accutron watch 18kt gold D46892

Submitted by nylady on April 7, 2013 - 4:46pm

I have been carrying this Vintave Bulova 1962 for years. I don't remember how I got it, but have decided I want to sell it. So I took it to a local gold buyer who offered me $300 in one breath and then said $400 if I would get it running. Well I thought about it and decided, what am I doing! There must be some site on the web that knows about this kind of watch, so I first checked Ebay and low and behold... here is one for $1200! Now I am not saying mine is worth that, but I thought I would check more and found this site. I wanted to learn a bit about the watch and even more now that I realize there this was a Christmast Gift between folks, that might have ment a great deal to each other long ago. I kinda do not want this trashed for the gold value alone.  What say yea all.  Thanks Nancy 

lylel396
Posted April 7, 2013 - 5:45pm

I can't see a picture.

William Smith
Posted April 7, 2013 - 8:05pm

Good choice to not scrap a great part of someone's family history and Bulova history for it's melt value.  While we don't do valuations here, we do help answer questions about the history of the watch in terms of model ID and other stuff.  If you can get some good pictures, similar to other watch records in the database, and enter the watch here:  [Add a Bulova watch]
we may be able to help with that part.  It's fun to try and figure these things out, and adds info to a lost history.

OldTicker
Posted April 7, 2013 - 8:49pm

Nancy,

Most solid Gold watches are worth more than the scrap value that has been offered, collectors usually pay a hefty premium over the spot price if it is running and in excellent condition.

Gold Scrap buyers are only interested in one thing...melting the case down and selling the parts to turn a quick profit, which in my opinon, is one of the worst sins in the world to a watch collector.

Post a picture of it and maybe we can ID it, that will help you get the most for it if you really want to sell it.

William Smith
Posted April 7, 2013 - 9:03pm

Nancy  If you can enter the watch in the database, there's an option to mark and advertise it for sale here on site. This will at least give you more exposure.  The sales transactions are not associated with the site, but can be facilitated by Private Messaging the seller.  It costs a buck to do so, but it's well worth the buck.  Let me know if you need help either entering it in our watch database, or going through the steps to mark as "for sale".  Who knows, maybe a MyBulova collector will make you an offer.  We are a pretty fair lot of folks.

mybulova_admin
Posted April 15, 2013 - 5:08pm

Nancy, any luck adding your watch or posting a picture?