Bulova Snorkel 666 Feet - which variant?

Submitted by Endriu1981 on June 17, 2019 - 11:25am

Hi guys,

I've recently bought this 666 feet Snorkel from 1960 decade (35mm), but looking for information on the web, I noticed that there are many variations.
In particular, the my Sonrkel seems does not have tritium indexes (they seems of white enamel), it does not have the BULOVA logo applied, but just stamped and the bezel is fixed.

On the dial, at 6 o'clock It has three line line stamped "AUTOMATIC - WATERPROOF - 666FEET"

The case back has the BULOVA - WATER PROOF indication.

Is It an original dial or it is a fake one? I've always seen tritium dial on the web...

please advise

Best

Andrea

Endriu1981
Posted June 17, 2019 - 11:30am

Here two pics:

Endriu1981
Posted June 17, 2019 - 11:34am

P.S. the crown is BULOVA branded.

Kathy L.
Posted June 17, 2019 - 11:34am

Hi Andrea and welcome to myBulova!

If you click the Home button and then click Add a Watch this is where you can add your watch for review by the panel for ID.  This is the best way for us to try and help ID the watch and answer your questions related to the watch.

Thanks,

Kathy

Reverend Rob
Posted June 28, 2019 - 11:03pm

These are date coded on the inside case back. Also, the movt will have a date code as well.

A watchmaker should be able to get you a luminous pip for that bezel, if you want to do that. I had one of these and sealed some lume in the recess, but you can actually get generic pips.