1980's Bulova gallery

Submitted by accrivelli on February 13, 2017 - 7:18pm

I thought it would be cool to own a Bulova from my birth year (1988). While 80's Bulova's may not be considered vintage or good looking, I at least wanted to see what my options are but I cannot find a gallery of 1980's era Bulova's anywhere on the web. I did find on this forum that 1980 Bulova's are marked with a "p8". Any additional help you can provide would be appreciated.

Geoff Baker
Posted February 16, 2017 - 5:56am

Hello accrivelli, most of us go to on-line auction sites to find old vintage watches. Most sellers of old Bulovas have taken the time, like you, to date their watches so they can be advertised as made in a certain year. Unfortunately most sellers of newer watches watches don't do the same. You might try sourcing advertising material from the late 1980's to see what the models looked like and then search for those specific models and asking sellers what date code is present. What your doing seems like a challenge but for those of us who collect, the hunt is the fun part.

mybulova_admin
Posted February 17, 2017 - 8:25pm

Owning a Bulova from your birth year is a great idea and gives a watch an added connection and meaning. As we stopped looking at Bulova watches post 1979, searching ebay as Geoff suggests will likely be your best bet to show what Bulova were manufacturing back in the 1980s.

Good luck with your search.