1971 snorkel diver 666

Submitted by Divewatcher on September 24, 2019 - 10:34pm

Hello to all as this is my first post. 

My 1971 snorkel 666 dive watch needs some help. The original bezel insert is gone and have not been able to find a replacement. I wanted to see if there might be another bezel that I can use until find the correct one. Would a bezel from an oceanographer variant G with a black and red insert work? Just hate to wear the watch without one as my quest may take a long time. I have a variant V orange dial version with a 7095 case. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Al

Andersok
Posted September 25, 2019 - 7:28am

Hi, what is the case number of the 1971 watch needing the bezel? It may be possible to identify the part number for that missing bezel using the case number.

-Ken

Divewatcher
Posted September 25, 2019 - 1:07pm

In reply to by Andersok

Hi Ken,

The case number is 7095 and I was told by Bulova (called them but he was not sure) the  part number is bezel ring B177. Just hate to ware the watch without the bezel insert. 

Thanks, Al

Andersok
Posted September 25, 2019 - 5:52pm

In reply to by Divewatcher

Looks like you're on the right track with the part number to search for. I have to think that bezel is going to be difficult to track down. It is likely specific, in color, to the Oceanographer G only, and those do not sell cheap. The black/white bezel on the orange dial 'V' is the same case, I think.

-Ken

Divewatcher
Posted September 25, 2019 - 9:32pm

I am an optimist so I will keep looking and hope down the line I can find one. So do you think I can use the bezel from 1971 oceanographer (black-red) if I can find one short term.

Al