1969 Oceanographer Crystal

Submitted by Kunapets on February 11, 2012 - 8:50am

Haven't  gotten ant relpys, might be my error in the date 1969 vs !969.

KS

Trying to ID and buy a crystal for my M6 Oceanographer. Case number is 2829. It is about 30mm and has a retaining ring. I think it might be  Bulova 1402E-1.  Can anyone verify? does anyone have one for sale??

Thanks  Ken S

William Smith
Posted February 11, 2012 - 5:46pm

Hi KS  Is your watch, w/ pictures etc...in the database or in a forum post?  Looks like you may be able to add some photos right here in this forum.  It's easier for those who can help if they have good info with which to help you.  One of the previous paid advertisers on site specializes in crystals, and has a great website which you can use to help you determine if your crystal is available.  Bulova "names" are used on many of the listings, with example watches sometimes pictured too.  The link to the site was from the main mybulova page as one of the "rolling" banner ads.  I don't see it there now, but I believe it's WatchCrystals.net   

Good luck.  Will

Kunapets
Posted February 11, 2012 - 6:34pm

I did not post my watch because there is an exact watch already in the database. Don't think multiple posts of the same watch do anything other than clutter the database. Thanks for the Crystal shopping info,

Ken S

DarHin
Posted February 12, 2012 - 3:11am

I don't know if it's a typo or what but my G-S catalog list's their PA464-53K 30.99mm as the replacement for Bulova 1402E-1 but list's the model as "Oceanographic H" not "Oceanographer"I don't see an "Oceanographic" in the MyBulova db. Can you get a more accurate measurement? I do have a PA459-85A for a "Oceanographer M 11451" magnifier 29.49mm. The crystal is 4mm high.