Gorgeous Bulova Automatic 1980's?

Submitted by JimDon5822 on March 15, 2018 - 1:17pm

I recently acquired this beautiful watch.  It is a large stainless case with a beautiful champagne dial.  I don't have it with me at the time and only have these pictures (as purchased and with the added leather strap)  but  was wondering what you thought.  I just can't seem to find anything like it.  The closest was a 1977 set o matic with day date but with Roman dials.  I will put more info and pictures later when I get the watch back but was wondering about a date.  Is this post 1979 and that is why there is nothing on the MyBulova site.  It is suprisingly high quality and has a sort of Patek Nautilus homage look to it.

neetstuf-4-u
Posted March 17, 2018 - 6:02pm

Watch should have a date code either on the outside or inside of the back; consisting of a number and letter, like N7. We need that for starters to date the watch and begin the process of identifying it. "N7" would be 1977. If the date code bears a letter higher in the alphabet than an "N", it is later than 1979 and past what we have records and ads for; but we may be able to steer you in the right direction with an educated guess.  When it's back in your hands, if it's 1979 or earlier; submit it in the  "add a watch" forum and we can get started. If not add a comment here and we will help if we can. It's a nice looker and at this point my gut feeling by style is it's mid to late 70's.

neetstuf-4-u
Posted March 17, 2018 - 10:56pm

In reply to by JimDon5822

I can't see anything on the movement either. Can you provide a photo of the back cover and the inside of the back cover? There should be numbers and text on it.

mybulova_admin
Posted March 18, 2018 - 6:02am

Please add your watch to the database here: http://www.mybulova.com/adding-your-watch-mybulovacom-database so that the panel can review your watch and so your watch wil become part of the model listing for future reference.

Once you have added your watch I'll remove this post to save on confussion.

Thanks

Admin