Case back gasket needed for 1963 Bulova Snorkel

Submitted by COPO on May 4, 2012 - 10:17am

Hi, Newbe here, I own a Bulova Snorkel 11AFACD 17 Jewels Swiss M3 Automatic 666 Feet watch.
Inside the cover is stamped MLB and 386 and M3.

Bulova wants $14.00 shipping charge to Canada for the gasket. IMO it's too much and rediculous.

I've contacted the Toronto site and they said that they don't have it in stock and would need to order it from the US and charge me for that on top of the price for the gasket, tax and shipping.  Then they sent me an email saying that they have a substitute gasket available. I replied asking if it's a flat gasket or an O-ring type gasket snce the one I removed was a flat rubber gasket. I'm not positive if this flat one is the original or a replacement of the original until I'm in the US to purchase the correct one. Does anyone know or have a cross reference chart showing what type of gasket is correct for the 386 case back? I'm still waiting for a reply from the Toronto site to tell me if the substitute gasket is flat or an O-ring type. Does anyone have a source for gaskets in Canada? Thanks in advance.

OldTicker
Posted May 5, 2012 - 6:34pm

If you know the size of the gasket in mm, I probably have it on hand.

You will need to measure the inside & outside diameters, and the width of the gasket.

If the old one was flat, chances are that that is what it requires.

FifthAvenueRes…
Posted May 6, 2012 - 8:06am

The Snorkel Case Gasket is flat and there are 3 listed replacements:

G791

G792

G795

My source has no Case number reference so which Gasket is correct for this application is unknown at this time.

386 is the Case number.

bobbee
Posted May 6, 2012 - 1:04pm

Hi COPO, please add this watch to the database, it is a great watch and a very good photo. Some more of the movement and caseback would be great too!